Renting your own holiday apartment can be a great way to spend your holiday on Sardinia exactly the way you want to. If you want to avoid large hotels or resorts and instead enjoy a relaxing holiday for two or the entire family in the privacy of your own home away from home, then apartments are for you. Holiday apartments can be found in all parts of Sardinia and offer a wide array of amenities for prices starting from £120 per week.
Booking apartments online - Web Sites and Offers
Searching and booking Holiday apartments online is certainly the most convenient and hassle-free way of finding your holiday home. Two internet-based agencies that specialize in the procurement of holiday apartments and villas are Interhome and E-Domizil .
With 1429 apartments and houses available from E-Domizil and 403 objects from Interhome both give you a huge selection to choose from. The major advantage of such sites is of course that you can compare features like prices, amenities, location of the various apartments and find the place that best serves your interests and needs. You can also systematically search for places that allow pets or are close to specific attractions or sports and entertainment activities. And of course it enables you to quickly compare the prices of apartments either within a designated area of the island or all across Sardinia. You yourself can easily arrange the perfect holiday for you and your family for exactly the price you want to pay for it. Hundreds of great offers are literally all there at the tip of your fingers.
Self catering apartments – Offers for all parts of Sardinia
E-Domizil has an offer for a holiday apartment in a central but quiet part of Alghero for four to six people. The Nuraghi Apartment is only five minutes away from Alghero’s old town and ten minutes away from the beach. Amenities include a TV, air conditioning, free wi-fi internet access and two city bikes. The price for this apartment starts from £525 for one week in September but will reach £615 during high season in summer.
A nice holiday apartment in the south of Sardinia is the Villetta Luisella in Santa Margherita di Pula . The apartment can house up to four people and is only 800m away from the beach. The modern and well-equipped apartment is air conditioned and has its own pool. The price for one week is around £600 .
Interhome has several offers for holiday apartments at Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda . The comfortable holiday house Le Antunne is located in Porto Cervo and has a nice view of the sea. The house is close to various restaurants bars, supermarkets and shopping opportunities and only 700m away from the beach. Amenities include a swimming pool, air conditioning, TV and modern equipment. Prices for this house start from £1.385 for one week in September.
Renting an apartment in Sardinia - what to know
The terms and conditions for renting for renting holiday apartments can vary with every facility and should always be studied in advance. Some common rules for renting are:
- It is usually required to make a down payment right after the initial booking. Four weeks prior to your arrival the final payment needs to be remitted. If you book your apartment less than four weeks before arrival you may be required to pay the entire amount immediately.
- A security deposit is often required and needs to be lodged during the hand-over of keys. If the apartment is left in proper form the deposit will be paid back upon departure.
- Holiday apartments must be returned in cleaned condition. End-cleaning services can be booked for a surcharge that is usually between £25-100.
- Extra fees can be charged for instance for late arrivals or for the use of a swimming pool. The conditions may vary but are always included in every object description. Upon departure these fees can be offset against the security deposit.
- The usual day of arrival and departure is on Saturdays. However, individual arrangements, e.g. for short stays, are often possible.
- Many apartments allow you to bring your four-legged friends with you. If pets are allowed is always specified in the description of each object.