Sardinia ’s pristine beaches are only little more than two and a half hours away from Britain. Several major airlines have daily flights from the UK to the second largest island in the Mediterranean at bargain prices .
Direct flights to Sardinia are usually only available from London , but Expedia has plenty of great bargains for connecting flights from all other parts of the UK.
Sardinia Flights- Main airports in Sardinia
The main destination for flights to Sardinia from the UK is Cagliari in the South of Sardinia . The island’s capital serves as a main transportation hub and is well connected with tourist resorts around Villasimus or the immaculate beaches of the Costa del Sud .
However, most of Sardinia’s main tourist resorts are situated in the north of the island. Arriving at the airport of either Olbia or Alghero may thus be a better option if you’re headed for the famous beaches of the Costa Smeralda .
All airports are equipped with plenty of car rentals to make your onward journey as convenient as possible.
Flights to Sardinia from UK: Companies
Meridiana , EasyJet and Ryan Air are the main companies that offer a variety of regular direct flights from the UK to Sardinia:
- The Italian lowcost company Meridiania has two flights a week from London-Gatwick to Olbia .
- Low cost carrier EasyJet is flying daily from London-Stansted to Cagliari and daily (except on Mondays) from London-Gatwick to Olbia . From July 30th to September 17th EasyJet is offering two flights a week from Bristol to Olbia.
- Ryan Air connects London-Stansted and Alghero in Sardinia’s northwest with four flights a week.
Cheap Sardinia Flights: Offers and Bargains
- Dring the summer, Meridiana uis offering a number of cheap flights to Sardinia for prices as low as £59.66 . The flights are departing London-Gatwick, flight duration is about two hours and forty minutes. The price is for a one way flight, return flights are available from £45.69 .
- Ryan Air has bargains from £85.98 for its flights to Alghero . The flights are quite early in the morning with a departure time of 6.15 o’clock. Please note that Ryan Air is demanding a surcharge of £60 for all bags weighting a maximum of 20kg.
- EasyJet offers the cheapest flights to Sardinia and has the advantage of serving both Cagliari and Olbia. Flights from London Stansted to Cagliari will cost you as little as £51.66 . Flights to Olbia are more expensive but with prices starting at £76.66 still a bargain. EasyJet is levying a surcharge of £25 per piece of luggage with a weight up to 20kg.